Another Nothing..!!

Nowadays, I often run out of topics to write on my blaaag where imaginations are supposed to be rekindled. From the past 2 hours I’ve been sitting, dreaming and wondering about what to write, unsuccessfully though. I wish I’d had an adventurous childhood. I wish I’d thrown a stone on my next-door granny’s window, or burst ‘lakshmi pataki’ (crackers) under my old colony guy- Mr. Eccentric, or atleast had a crush on a 5 year old junior in school….. damn.. nothing Why dint I do anything in my childhood that could be blogged about now? Only if I had known I’d be blogging in my future then, I would have maybe made my childhood adventurous. But it’s okay. Leave alone blogging, I never thought I would even grow up when I was a kid. (Interesting ryt? But the elaboration would put you under immense mental stress where you might end up pulling your hair out of your head. So, sorry.) Anyway, did you just notice how intelligently I penned one full paragraph without actually writing about anything? (Note- No abuses allowed in my comments page.)

About 14 years ago, when my mother was pregnant (carrying my sister), me and my dad used to drop my mother at the doctor for regular check-ups and as my mother enters in, we would trickle out into ‘Vidhyarthi Bhavan’. This hotel by-the-way serves crispy dosas right from my grand father’s ‘chaddi’ days. Any local Bangalorean, especially from the south would tell you. Anyway yeah, I remember the last time I had been there wearing a Jean chaddi (Come on, I was just 8 then). As me and daddy entered the hotel, my dad’s friend Mr. Ravi & family were busy munching on to those red dosas. They spotted me and dad with looks of ‘how-on-earth-is-this-possible’ emanating from their artistic face expressions. They, then dragged their eye-balls linearly, contemplating me top to bottom and exclaimed- “What appa, you and your father have come to eat dosa aa??” I was just 8 and was an amateur in sarcasm, so I just smiled and shut my mouth.



14 years later, last month, me and dad visited the Vidhyarthi Bhavan for the first time since then. The dosas are the same (the best in South Bangalore), the tables are still the same (as old as my grand father), walls have been painted and there is soap (much needed) at the wash-basin. We ordered and filled ourselves with dosas, after which we had to wash our hands with soap to wash away all the oil off our hands so that nobody mistook us for working part-time in a petrol bunk or something. Just as we were leaving, we spotted, guess who – the same Mr. Ravi & family. They spotted us and let out their usual line- “ Ooooo… father and son have come to eat dosa aaa??”
I wasn’t in mood for fun, so I just replied –“ Yessuu. Vonly Masala Dosa.” Anyway, co-incidence… it’s unbelievably amazing sometimes. And any of you want a list of good, old hotels for local food in Bangalore, you know who to ask. If you are lucky enough, you might even find Mr. Ravi & family in any of those places. ;)

Drifting away from food and hotels, lets talk about politics. Man, I’ve decided to stop watching comedy shows on TV and instead, to just watch our politicians talk. We have two specimens here in Karnataka- Mr. Deve Gowda and his son Kumaraswamy. My mother had to rush with a glass of water towards me when she saw me laughing and coughing like a mad dog ; Reason - I was watching Kumaraswamy shedding tears in public in what was supposed to be an emotional speech, just before the by-elections in his constituency. About Mr. Deve Gowda – It’s better I don’t start talking about him here. You’ll find it hard to find the meaning of my words in the bestest of dictionaries. Anyway, in simple he is the most shameless politician I’ve ever come across.



Good-night Mr.Gowda. .. Ooops.. he's already asleep.


Mulling over this never-ending topic called- Indian Politics, it reminds me of Mr. Jaswanth Singh. What BJP has done to Jashwanth Singh by expelling him is nothing but help him boost the sales of his book. For Jashwanth Singh, who is well past his prime in politics, what else did he need? Infact, I too feel itchy to get that book of his.

Ok, enough of boring you for now. Next, I’ll try and write fiction. How abt a thriller huh?? Before you break your jaws falling off your chairs, cool down. I had written a thriller series (of 3 parts) once. If you, by any chance want to read it, here’s the link- On The Highway .
Meanwhile, I’m off to take my mom for shopping. ’Shopping with Women’ - aahaa.. I can write a book on that topic and maybe request BJP for some marketting tips. Anyway, you take care. See you next time. 

25 comments:

  kasabiangirl

August 22, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Watching politicians talk, sleep or sleep while talking is one of my favorite pastime:P

Nothing beats the Lok Sabha sessions..I sit with popcorn in hand & watch the drama unfold :)

Interesting post once again! I was highly entertained :)

  Shimmer

August 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM

:D, 'nothing' was nice :P
and i would love to know what made u laugh

the politicians are the most funniest characters arround :P

tamil nadu fame jeyalalitha's a killer :D

  Inty swetha

August 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM

You are pretty good in writing nothing :). And better write your shopping experience with your mom!

And even Y.S.Rajashekar Reddy(PM of AP) is also one shameless person i have ever seen. He was awarded as The most "active politician" By CNN IBN.... you can never see him awake in any political meets!!

This post is cool by the way :D

  Anonymous

August 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

i would sleep rather than watch tem talk :)
lachu

  ABHISHEK SiM

August 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I have changed my mind - nothing is better than something. The first paragraph was an awesome read!

you write very well.

  lazzyidols

August 23, 2009 at 9:41 PM

nice!! keep up the work!!

www.stealideas.co.cc

  Arun Kumar

August 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM

The sick things these politicians try to pull off... just to win some pages in the papers... pathetic !!!

i too have the same thot... why didn't i have an interesting childhood to blog about... mine was pretty normal n lame...

  Thoorika

August 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Your posts always make me laugh! it doesn't matter whatever mood I am !!

  parzi

August 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM

right from child hood..to hotels to politics...whatever you write becomes fun n njoy it thoroughly ....u have a witty approach while penning down thoughts n its great ya...
thank u soooo much for the suggestion u had dropped at my blog...stupid that I m I never paid attention to it only..now that i think of it..I realize it...will keep it in mind for future..thanks a ton!
hmm thriller????will that have a dash of humor?????
heheh..all the best for it..though the last thought is interesting..."shopping with women"..heheh
take care!god bless1

  Matangi Mawley

August 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM

:) ... seriously... the way u write.. u could replace cyrus broacha in "week that wasn't"... I love that guy! so that's a really good compliment coming from me..!

awaiting more...

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM

@kasabiangirl

haha.. u too?? :P

Glad.. :D

@Shimmer

haha.. there's one in ever state i guess..!! :D

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Swetha Padakandla

August 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM

another nothing was brilliant!
about hotels to eat dosas, will surely ask u! but i will make sure to carry a soap to wash my hands.

and politicians!! urrgghhh!!
nothing to tell them!

shopping with mom! sounds so nice.. have a good time.. and gimme me some tips and ideas after u come back.. lol

cheers

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM

@Inty

haha.. sure.. I can write & keep writing abt it.. :P :P I get 'Bored to Death' so much that.. God i can't explain .. hehe :P

Rajashekhar Reddy.. i know... I imitate him at home.. haha... adyakshaaaa..... :P :P

He's another Mr. Useless..!! ;)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM

@lachu

haha.. Sleep well .. :P

@abhishek

haha.. wow man.!! :P :P

My stupidity inspires the world :P hehe

Thanks bro.. :)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

@lazyidols

haha.. nice name.. ;) .. Thanks :)

@Arun

haha :D

It wld hv been fun na.. ;)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM

@Thoorika

u donno.. how happy ur comment made me.. :) Glad .. :D :D

@parul

Parul, am so glad u take so much time and patience and write a long comment.. Thank u :D

haha.. suggestions... i'm never short of that .. haha....

haha.. no humour in thrillers madam .. :P

Shooping with women... a never ending story.. haha

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM

@Matangi

haha.. AM so glad to hear frm u.... I'm boring outside ya... Cyrus Broacha... he's gr8.. ;) haha

Thanks for the lovely words...

@Swetha

haha.. anytime....

Thanks Sweth.. ;)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Priya Joyce

August 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Gowda luks cute :P
hahah
I mean it's better for K'taka tat he sleeps :P
oh it's kindaa sad eh tat u ddn't do anything..
i somehow wonder tat if not having dun anythng this is ur current blog..wat wud it hav been if u reely did those stuffs :P
some mafia blog eh??
:P:P

  Arjun

August 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM

@PJ

hehe.... he either pisses off ppl or sleeps... :P

hahaha..... if i'd had such a childhood i would have been busy sorting out issues rather that writing all of it on a blog.. hehe :P

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Harshita

August 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM

:) That was a random post... and the pictures at the end of the post made me laugh... :D :D

I have seen people very touchy abt politicians in South... so I never comment on them wen am there... :) coz once my cab driver almost punched me for blaming Deve Gowda's party...

Abt childhood... well the masala u missed on back then... I am sure u will get ur fill now... :)

  Arjun

August 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM

@Harshitha

haha.. yeah... Caste is a big player down here... U sit in a cab where a Gowda is the driver and comment abt him... u r gone.. :P hehe

Thanks..!!
Arjun

  Ria

August 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

nice nostalgic post with interesting pics. :P

  Rag

August 31, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I've to stil try the dosa at Vidhyarthi bhavan!!!
btw arjun... hav u tried the dosa at CTR in malleswaram???????????

  Arjun

August 31, 2009 at 10:57 AM

yeah Rag...!! CTR dosa... Super... ;)

haha....

Try it in janatha Hotel also.. It's good :)

Thanks for dropping by dude.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Rag

August 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM

what thanks daa!!!
i dropped in cos it feels really goood reading ur stuff u knww!