Super Raman



The door bell rang at 6 in the morning. I came out of a wonderful dream where in I was riding a bike in Switzerland. I got up and dragged myself to the door to open it. A bell ring was far out of range to wake up my mom and my sister, so I had to open the door. I opened it and it was our car cleaner. He ordered- “ Give the car keys.” I wanted to ask him – “When did u become the owner of my car?” but I spared him and simply passed the keys. He washed the car talking to someone over his cell phone. They spend rs.4000 change on a cell phone when they don’t know how to manage their family for the next meal.

Anyway, I finished my morning activities and went to the gate. He was still cleaning the car wearing an innocent face. He looked at me and said cheerfully- “ What sir? You’ve lost weight..!!”
I checked if anyone had heard that and giggled. No one. I said-“ I’ve stopped eating.”

“Why?” he asked.

“I bought a cell phone. I don’t have any money left.”

Mad fellow, dint understand that and said- “really?”

“ See if you can get me a job.”

“ Come on sir, you must be joking.”

“ Thank God! You have a brain.”

He laughed. He said-“ That movie that I was telling you about last week has now released. Tamil movie. I heard it is super.”

“The movie is super or the movie’s name is super?”

He laughed as if to say- what kind of a dumb ass you are and said-“ Not the name. The movie is super. It’s name is- Billa.”

“Shall we go?”
It's fun sometimes. Away from the expensive multiplexes, silent crowds and all that. 'Watch a mass movie along with the masses'. Sit in an uncomfortable chair, without air conditioning and enjoy the charged atmosphere. I don't mind it once in a while, you see.

“What? You and me?” he asked as if he got an electric shock.

“No. You and my spirit.”

“Ha ha. Sure Sir. We shall go to the Lido theatre.”

“Okay boss.”

“ I’ll come back here in one hour” he said and walked back with a spring in his step.

I entered my home and by now my mom was awake. I told her that I’m going to a movie with ‘Raman’. She asked- “ The car cleaner?”
I said “yes” and quickly walked away to my room. My sister was there and she asked-“ Did your girl friend dump you or what?” and giggled.

I stared at her and said- “ Shut up and go sleep.”

She again giggled and walked away. I got ready. Raman came 5 mins earlier to the fixed time. I got my bike and we started and left. On the way, from behind he asked me over my shoulders-“ Sir, do you have a girl friend?”

“ You know Bipasha Basu?” I asked seriously.

“Yeah. So?”

“I recently broke up with her. I’m seeing my colleague now.” Poor guy dint know I was full of bullshit.

We reached the theatre and it was one of those old style theatres and there was a long queue for the tickets. I said-“ Go fast and stand in the queue.”

“You don’t worry, Sir” he said and walked straight into the theatre’s office room. Meanwhile I parked my bike, returned and stood near the entrance. After a while he came and I ordered him- “ Go fast. Stand in the queue.”

He drew out two tickets from his pocket and showed it to me and said- “ I know the ticket counter guy here.”
I looked at him and wanted to say something witty but refrained. We entered the theatre and he started laughing out loud all of a sudden.
“Now, what happened?” I asked.

“ You broke up with Bipasha Basu??? Hahahaha… Nice joke.”

Oh my god. I should have simply stayed at home.

The movie began and then came the moment where the Hero of the movie arrives and all the other heroes in the theatre whistles. I too put my fingers under my tongue and blew a loud whistle. Raman looked at me in astonishment just like a proud father would look at his son and said –“ Super sir. Super.”
I winked.

After the movie we went to a restaurant. He ate as much as I could have in two days. Of course he knew I was going to pay the bill. Over lunch he asked- “ How was the movie, Sir?”

“Super” I said in his language trying to please him.It wasn’t bad actually. Though I don’t understand tamil much, I know that much that their movies are technically very sound. In fact, far better than bollywood. I conveyed that to Raman and he became blissful as if he had directed that movie or something.

Anyway, after a day of very different kind of fun (for me) we reached home. Just as he was about to leave, he asked-“ Sir, can you lend me rs.1000? I need it, Sir. You can deduct it from my salary.”

I’m a wonderful human being, just if you dint know. More so, I was in good mood. So I counted out the amount and passed it to him.

Now after a month, I realize that that was the last time I met him. He never turned up to work after that. I pictured him spilling all that money in a bar or on a new cell phone. Now, my mom gives me lessons on crap like not to get carried away and so on. My sister keeps pestering me with queries like - “ Remember if you had given rs.1000 to your ex-girl friend by any chance?? Just askin man…She too never came back...” ( I had spent more than 1000 bucks on that bitch. That’s a different matter)

Anyway, I still keep saying- “ I’m a wonderful human being. I helped a poor guy.”On hearing this, one of my friend broke his jaw when he fell down from his chair laughing at me.

26 comments:

  uchiha teee

November 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM

while i was reading , i thought you would escape from there without giving the ...

and before i cud complete my thought, you gave the money to him.

1. were you at bar not restaurant ?
2. Is it your gf not car cleaner ?
3. Is your IQ closer to (minus)infinity ?

:D

  sunny_raju

November 3, 2008 at 5:08 AM

i wish all ur posts come true. its full of humour. brings a smile :)

  Arjun

November 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM

@teju

1- We were at a restaurant and not a bar. But i guessed that he would have spent the money at a bar.

2- U never understood this part. It's just a joke where- just like the guy never turned up to work after that, my sister makes a joke if i had given 1000 bucks to my gf as she ditched me n never came back.

3- Abt my IQ- It's beaten to death. Nobody cares abt it anymore.

@Sunil

WEll, that's wat i try. People literally investigate my posts. It's just a load of non-sense crap where in by the end u just smile and forget. That's all my blog intends to do.
Thank u so much Sunil....

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Tanmay

November 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM

damn..lolololololol!!!really humourous..

  spicymist

November 3, 2008 at 4:13 PM

kapaal. my bro got bungled by a supposedly good cricket coach. got my bro to pay money for a kit n promise to play in eng under 16 tourneys n ran away with the money. but other frnds of my bro were hit more. they had paid him the money to be exhanged for pounds too. all of it disappeared the day before they were supposed to leave 4 london

  Comfortably Numb

November 3, 2008 at 6:40 PM

LMAO. But then you're not the only one. It happens a lot. Even if this is not true. Ive been a victim myself :P

Cheers!!

  Luscious Sealed Lips

November 4, 2008 at 12:19 AM

LOL.

That was sweet of you, anyway.

Kisses.

  Nishank Mehta

November 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Great humour. I was also inclined to fall off my chair laughing...

  anurag

November 4, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Hey it seems one of my personal experiences about a yr back or so...sefinitely with some deviations!!

  alx

November 4, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Wow...beautifully narrated as usual....wat i like most abt yo posts is d smooth flow n d right amount f humour....

  яノςんム

November 4, 2008 at 5:40 PM

foremost,
U brought my lost funny memories back with the Mambo no 5 track i heard after a loong time on ur blog.. :D

N for ur post,
What made u go for the movie with the cleaner in the first part??
n
who bi**h did u spend more than 1000 bucks on?? was it Bipasha basu?? ;)

Gr8 blog, loved the template too..

Thnx for droppin into mine n responding, keep coming back :)

Cheers!!

  Arjun

November 4, 2008 at 7:09 PM

@ alex

Thanks mate.... I personally liked this post the least over all of mine till date.. Anyways, thank ya..

@richa
YEah... For me too.. tats y i put tat song here...
Y i had to go with him for a movie is becos i wanted to experience a day with such ppl.. Yes i havent explained tat properly... Sry ;)

And abt Bipasha basu.. i guess u din't get the humour there...

Anyway.. Thank ya..
Keep Visiting..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Varun

November 5, 2008 at 7:37 AM

ahaha classic man! is this really something that happened to you?
strange :P

  The Lover

November 5, 2008 at 7:37 AM

riding a bike in switzerland..lol..y switzerland?

  Arjun

November 5, 2008 at 7:51 AM

@ the lover

No idea..!!! I'm either in the US or in Switzerland in most of my drmz... ;)

@varun

It kind of happened but not in the same order...... ;)

CHeers..!!
Arjun

  Mel

November 5, 2008 at 9:22 AM

loved the template!

was it really true? if it was, awesome! ;-)

  Rusty

November 5, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Its first time I read your blog...
This post is really humorous...
keep it up...

  Sandeep Balan

November 6, 2008 at 12:22 AM

i pity ur friend who broke his jaw...hope he is fine....he he....simple way of conveying things....good one...

  Ramya

November 6, 2008 at 9:46 PM

U're a wonderful human being. U helped a poor guy..and nothing else matters..
good post there..ur imagination is entwined with intricate details of realism..thats a major jackpot..keep it up!!

  Kalidas

November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Hmm.. watching movie with the masses, a very good move to endear yourself to the people that work for you. Moreover, you may consider you helped him out monetarily. There's nothing more blissful in life than seeing smiles on poor faces..

As we say - "Lok seva ae Prabhu seva!" (Service to the people is service to God)

Blog on!

  Sadique Ali

November 8, 2008 at 10:44 AM

This is the first time I am reading your blog..
You have a nice style..

  Shruti

November 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

humor seems to be in ur blood...
blog rolling u..
:)

  Misty Rhythm

November 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM

hahaaha....classic! it sux being nice, eh?! ;)

  Priyanka

November 18, 2008 at 12:15 PM

hey..anothr nice one...lol...too funny man...u got to pot more on WL... :)

  Priyanka

November 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM

enjoyin my sales mgmnt class 4 d first time...lol...cool blog....i think i'l read it all today! ;)

  RINZU RAJAN

November 28, 2008 at 2:20 PM

gud one as usual...

humor...was revealed...so was the good side of u...!!!

:)