I, me and Myself ...



(The last time I did a tag, I thought I will never do another tag again. But here I am with a tag that Priyanka passed on and insisted that I do it. After all I'm not a stubborn person. ;) )

Oldest Memories –

It goes back to a very young age when I used to wait for my dad every evening to come back from office to take me for a ride on his new bike. On the way back from the ride everyday, I used to hope he would buy me a ‘5 STAR’ chocolate but I never asked. See, what a wonderful kid I was.

I also remember, once when my dad took me to buy a dress for my birthday, I selected a white-and-white combination of shirt and shorts. I was as pure as our politicians (if you already started cursing me, then stop). My dad didn’t buy me that for which obviously I dint like my father for 2 days.

And this one, I don’t remember this but my parents keep telling me this every time I am in the airport. It seems that I had pissed on my mom’s saree on my first ever flight journey. That was a punishment for my mom for being over confident with me that she took me without a diaper. But poor she, it would have been so embarrassing.

Then this one, the ultimate one. At the age of 3, I used to go to a play home not so much for learning anything there but more so because my parents were working and we weren’t ultra rich and hence I had spend my day somewhere. A girl of my age used to come to the play home. She and me were best (I used to say bestest) friends at that point of time. When my parents came every evening to pick me up, she used to cry and even hit my parents for taking me away. God gave me the powers of attraction at the wrong age, I suppose. Just Kidding.
I keep dreaming of how it would be to meet her now. It would be wonderful as well as kind of weird.
Anyways, if you have survived the post till here then please take the trouble of reading further.

What were you doing ten years ago?

I was in grade 7 ten years ago. I was listening to a lot of ‘Backstreet Boys’. That year was the last occasion that I had topped my class. I was my class teacher’s favourite. I was a very well behaved child then (please believe me). Fortunately or unfortunately she stayed very close to my home and she knew my parents well enough. I remember I had gone for a movie called “Dillagi’ along with her and her family members. How many of you have done that?

TODAY

Today, I’m a very changed person. I am somebody but I want to be somebody else. The route to become that somebody else isn’t an easy one. And right now, things aren’t going the way I want it to. I’m quite a worried person since a year. Just that people around me will never notice that.

TOMORROW


If you read my ‘TODAY’ then this would be predictable. I want to be someone whom I want to be, not someone else. But other than this I don’t see much into the future. Anyways, my worries for myself.

What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?

If by then I wouldn’t have been shot by any of these terrorists, I picture myself sitting idle, lazily on the sofa on a Sunday morning and ask my wife- “ One cup coffee please?” and I would get a loud reply – “ Go make it for yourself, I’m cleaning the house.” I paint quite a picture, don’t I?
But on a serious note, I really have no idea. I just hope everything goes fine.

If you had a time capsule, what would it contain?

Most special to me has been my mother and my little sister and then my dad. But in fact, all nice people would be on my ‘time capsule’.

11 comments:

  sunny_raju

December 1, 2008 at 6:51 AM

:)
by the way do u remember her name
ur baby sitting mate!

  Arjun

December 1, 2008 at 7:48 AM

No man... I'm pathetic..
Thanks for dropping by.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  The Solitary Writer

December 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM

dude...how cud u say that 10 yrs ago u were listening to backstreet boys music :p

and yeah tmmrw is uncertain and unpredictable though

  Arjun

December 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM

@ above

I said i was listenin to a lot of Backstreet Boys .... Hope u got it..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Tara

December 1, 2008 at 3:51 PM

"God gave me the powers of attraction at the wrong age, I suppose."

Hehe! Well put! :)

Loved the oldest memories one! Apparently, when we flew to Chennai, when I was 2, I was running nonstop on the aisles, and kept on telling grandma that we would never reach because the plane didn't move at all! All the passengers cracked up laughing! LOL! :)

  Arjun

December 1, 2008 at 4:42 PM

@ Tara

haha.... lol

Thanks Tara for dropping by. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Priyanka

December 1, 2008 at 10:39 PM

hey hey...d tag done!!
thanks! :)
it ws nice...ur way of writing is too cool man...those comments na..lol..
so smart at d age of 3..hehe..
"If by then I wouldn’t have been shot by any of these terrorists..." haha..nice one!
all d best yaar..hope u soon become wht u want to be!! ;)

  Nidhi Seethapathi

December 7, 2008 at 10:34 AM

its a nice post.
somehow our 'today' is always confused isnt it?
but ten years hence you'll probably be saying "those were the days"

  Kenneth

December 7, 2008 at 4:51 PM

The last ans shud gt u thru to the ladies....

  Nyx

December 19, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Very well written..well dats mah first comment!!
N yea..at times..emotional..dun ask me why though!! :P
Nice..a very good attempt! :)
Cheers..*PEACE*

  RINZU RAJAN

December 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

nice ques...did the ones u tagged answer honestly...???