Mamma Mia ... !!





One boring Sunday evening, with 'Monday blues' already encroached into our minds, me and my friend decided to head off someplace with our destination undecided. You might wonder, how jobless people we were. I tell you, this is fun sometimes. Only sometimes. I gave the honour of riding the bike to my friend. For the first time in his history and my life, the speedometer never crossed 30km/hr over a ride of about 30mins. I imagined - if I was a celebrity, this one would have made it into the headlines of few crappy news channels in India. Something like -"Arjun was spotted in a bike moving not more than 30kms/hr. What could be the reason? please sms your opinions to this number. We have our correspondent live from Bangalore to give more details about this shocking revealation." I was dreaming. I was loving it.
We were heading towards the heart of the city. Sunday evening, no traffic at all. Heaven. He still never crossed the 30 km/hr mark. I got anxious, so shouted loud at him against other sounds of the surroundings - " Are you awake??" Din't get a reply. With a louder voice, I shouted again - "Are you alive??"
"Yes of course you asshole. You would have been sorting out issues in hell if I were asleep." he said politely.
I shouted back - " You are in good mood."

"Lucky for you."

" Thank You."




We passed through Cubbon Park which now, in the dark looked like a jungle. Then came this huge 16 storeyed building, a mall, and an office complex. It's called the UB City. UB is Vijay Mallya's . That meant - High Class. It also meant - Very decently dressed girls in red. Think about that. We can have a debate sometime.
I said - "Stop. Lets checkout this place."
He was awake and hence stopped. The mall was about only 80% complete. Hence there had not been publicity about it, so that meant less people. Something that I can pay for, being in B'lore. We entered in. An F1 model car was at the entrance. My dosth observed it for half an hour. I was passing time, looking out for girls in red. I wan't to meet Vijay Mallya someday. Okay, by the looks of this mall, it was High Class to the high-class. We were only dreaming to be High Class. I mean we were students. Not even our grades were high class.

Anyway, we went window shopping. I swear I hadn't even heard of those names. The outlets, I mean. As a fact we weren't dressed up aptly. Who knew we would end up here . In one of those outlets, we could find some civilization. Attractive, foreign homo-sapiens that too. He said, "I need to buy a pair of shoes for myself. Come on lets have a look. " I thought that was a joke but then we entered the stall, the doors of which were opened by a guy with a wide smile on his face. I thought, I should write to Mallya about this.To replace that guy by a girl. He went straight to the shoe section and enquired a pretty stall girl (of course) about what his shoe size would be. I've never seen a person who could spend half an hour sorting out 'shoe size' matters. He tried out a few of them as well. Poor girl, she must have been thinking that we had rich fathers who gave us credit cards or debit cards.
Anyway, this guy finally came to a conclusion. His size was 9. "Shall I show you few more different varieties, Sir?" She enquired. He asked her - " What's the price of this?"

"It's Rs. 9,700, Sir." she replied. Mamma Mia

He came to me and opened his wallet- There was Rs 40 and some dirt in it. He digged out my wallet from my pocket and discovered Rs.50. Arrogant guy. Anyway, we had a magic figure of Rs.90. He turned back to the girl and said the most stupid thing I've ever heard. He said - "Haha. No . Just that, my Birthday is coming up, so hinting my friend about my shoe size."

She replied - " My boss had hinted me about people like you."

I said to my mind - Mamma Mia

20 comments:

  Alvia

September 23, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Lol as usual ur attempt succedded in bringing in a laugh here...

Lines dat flashed high were:

[i]"Yes of course you asshole. You would have been sorting out issues in hell if I were asleep." he said politely.

Not even our grades were high class.[/i]

too Good retort....wase is ds mall bigger dan Forum ??

  uchiha teee

September 23, 2008 at 5:17 PM


I've never seen a person who could spend half an hour sorting out 'shoe size' matters


Not if it is a person with obsessive compulsion disorder for perfection or a girl :D

Another so-real fiction of yours :)

keep writing-

Teju

  sunny_raju

September 23, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Hmm
My boss had hinted me abt ppl like you,
how do u imagine such humour...
hats off to ur imagination
good
thnx for the snap

  Dan*

September 23, 2008 at 9:02 PM

"It's Rs. 9,700, Sir." she replied. Mamma Mia :D

good sense of humour ...... last line was awesome :D:D

  Crazy Diamond

September 24, 2008 at 7:03 AM

heheheheh enjoyed reading. came across your blog through the "comment " thread on orkut community.

will read up more..

lol again @ rs 40

Hmmm, bloody why are things so expensive?? i think it is to create that mad-ambition in us to be super rich someday

  lachu

September 24, 2008 at 7:13 AM

mamma mia!!!

  hasHAN hazaRIKA

September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Which area in b'lore u stay buddy Sunday evening, no traffic at all.??? m shocked!! rest nice post! Mamma mia !!

  Arjun

September 24, 2008 at 4:46 PM

@ hashan
haha... Roads r usually empty on Sunday evenings except on Brigade road n it's surroundings.....

@Alvia

This mall is smaller than Forum.. But the building as a whole is much bigger than Forum.. It's a 16 storeyed building...
Difference is - I can atleast shop in Forum... This one's too expensive... A coffee costs Rs. 400 here... Tats my pocket money for abt 2 weeks... ;)

Anyway, thanks all for ur comments.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  Tarun

September 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM

ha ha ha ha ha mamma mia ..lol...nice blog dude

  Tanmay

September 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM

hah..really nicely written..blog on..

  Sana

September 25, 2008 at 5:34 PM

i lyk window shoppin too!! its bad u cudnt buy the shoes.

see ya. nice blog!

http://www.shipwrecklagoon.blogspot.com/

  The Vulnerable VERBOSE

September 27, 2008 at 10:56 AM

hahah........humour man humour.......

  Matangi Mawley

September 27, 2008 at 10:07 PM

:D gr8 post!!!

  kaber

September 28, 2008 at 1:40 PM

really funny man :D

  spicymist

September 28, 2008 at 2:59 PM

awesome. temme if you would pay to go to places which aint crowded, does that mean when u come to mumbai you'll plain shout " mummy!!!!!!" instead of mamma mia?
:p adding ur blog to my followed blogs list,
cheers
spicymist

  Arjun

September 28, 2008 at 11:48 PM

@spicymist

haha... No.. I'll come to Mumbai only when i get rich.. ;)

Thank u so much for dropping by...

Cheers..!!
Arjun

  arun p

September 30, 2008 at 6:20 AM

great post maga..Mamma Mia :)

  Destination unknown

October 5, 2008 at 9:57 AM

lol.....She replied - " My boss had hinted me about people like you." datz funny...
so..dis is 4 real or jst a story..:)

  Tina

October 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Lol lol lol lol.......u always manage to make me lol with r posts.every one of them.

I simply loved this sentenc. " I mean we were students. Not even our grades were high class" LOL!!!

Man if i ever come to b'lore we should catch up.

Ok this u must know m like CRAZY abt shoes... i have close to 35 pairs but hey i dnt spend 1000's per pair or sometin.but dnt tell me u guys wen in to this store and came out witour buyin the shoe. I mean who is tis frnd, didnt he like know the place would obviously sell shoes for a "HIGH CLASS" price.lol. u wont even get shoe on the pavement worth 40 for guys i mean :P

Love it ari. post more

Love
Tee

  Pretty Me!!

December 11, 2008 at 4:31 PM

your writes never fail to make me smile :)