I CALL IT FATE...



It was Winter , it was a Saturday and it was six in the evening . It was one of those days when I just couldn’t find company for a Saturday evening outing . For me , a Saturday without an outing is like a ‘ Coffee without Sugar ‘ .After all the ideas draining out of my mind , I decided I should be adding sugar(to the coffee) all by myself and hence got up, got dressed and left with the destination undecided .

As I was walking down the lane , I observed that none of my neighbours were around . I had a stupid imagination of them partying in a club . There was a feeling of freshness intilled in me maybe because of the weather which was asusually (in Bangalore) so romantic . The Orange evening sky , a cool breeze which was kind of soothing my senses and the chirping birds which left me feeling peaceful made for a perfect evening . The poet in me was in flowing form. Or maybe it was one of those silly imaginations of mine (untolerable says my sister ) . Anyway , I put a full stop to my ‘in-form’ imaginations and proceeded .

Just as I moved a few paces , I noticed a familiar face looking at me in excitement . I could recognize that he was my primary school classmate . He approached me and said “ Heyy , Arjun right ? ”

“Yeah”

“You remember me ? ”

“Ofcourse Naveen ”

“Heyyy , I’m Sachin ”

(Uff!! Not again ….)
“Oh ya ya , sorry ”

“Haha , You are still the same .!! ”

Strolling along the pavement , we made few more enquiries and exchanged memories of our school days and our teachers . He was so excited about our unexpected rendezvous . We entered a near by park and we did the ‘ Walk the Talk ’ . Though it was long time since we met , we developed very good chemistry between us . He already made it to my ‘Good Friends’ list .
He offered to have some Tea , which he still remembers that it was my favourite drink . While sipping the tea , he invited me for a picnic that he was to go with his friends the next day .It was to some WaterFall . I was busy with a family function the next day , so told him I can’t make it . We left it at that . He had so many things to say about our school . He was up to date with all it’s advancements . After some more talking and walking , we decided to disperse . I told him “Lets catch up on Monday , I’ll take you to my place ” .
He said “ Sure ”.
We shook hands & departed . More than happy with the evening’s proceedings, the freshness still intact on me , the poet in me asleep, I headed home looking forward to meet him on Monday .


And Monday evening I get a call saying “ Sachin is no more . He drowned in a WaterFall near Mysore”.

30 comments:

  sunny_raju

March 1, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Ah, it was destined to meet u tht day to be ur good friend, n he is no more. shall i call it luck tht u were not part of the trip, shall i call it fate if u had been part of the trip may b he would not have drowned. Ifs n buts, but the fact is ur friend is no more.many fruits in a tree few fall of when still it is budding few remain to become ripe in the tree. :)

  vanilla sky

March 1, 2008 at 6:52 PM

its like getting & losing at the same time
it was destiny that u met again, and it was destiny that ur encounter did nt last long..

  Manorath

March 1, 2008 at 8:08 PM

such an abrupt and shocking ending.. god.. i was shaken as i read the last line.. this is fate..

  Ramya

March 1, 2008 at 8:31 PM

oh my gosh...shocking..n hurting the most..its such an awful fate..poor chap!may be his last wish was to meet a dear friend like you n share his thoughts..this is one good acquaintance that shows life is full of twists n all flavors..i donno what u would conclude..FATE
sachin's soul rest in peace...
expect the unexpected could be the bottom line the bitter interpretation of the other world

  Anonymous

March 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM

wow! that's too bad...

-Niru

  Hitesh

March 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Fate it is....
U meet aftr so long.... instantly got along nicely.... he invited u but u dint went.... He drownd and u still posting on this blog....

Fate it is.... for u n for him....

Vry shocking.....

  Collection Of Stars

March 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM

That's so sad :(

  PSYCHO

March 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM

life is cruel
and it does not discriminate

  Parents 4 Education

March 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Thats really bad...........

  keerthana

March 5, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Hey Arjun...

Ending is really Shocking...
Couldn't recover...

Anyways thats called fate... U r right...

Keep blogging..

keerthana

  Barath Singh

March 5, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Ooh!! an abrupt end :( i dint expect this..i enjoyed your blog til before those last two lines!! My deepest condolence..let his soul rip!!

  logic

March 6, 2008 at 1:42 PM

i was shaken as i read the last line.
Fate it is,for u n for him.

  The Wanderer

March 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM

This was thought provoking...

Sounds a bit funny.. but I wonder what will happen on the last (or second last) day of my life...


Sorry for your friend.. such is life..

  Deepz

March 6, 2008 at 7:01 PM

poor chap..oh man..dats really awful and am really shocked de way it ended..Fate dats the apt word for the situation man..

  Nacho

March 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM

This is one blog with a kick ass theme \m/

  Arjun

March 7, 2008 at 1:19 PM

@nacho...

I couldn't find a better word for ur blog buddy.....

  Ajay

March 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Dude, shell shocked when I read the last line. But it happens!!. Sometimes life is a bitch.

And gud post btw!!

  CRD

March 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM

tragic..

i wonder if ur feeling that maybe u shudnt have met sachin after so many years, only to lose him in a couple of days..i would have felt that way.

keep posting

www.crissdude.blogspot.com

  Rashi V

March 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM

OMG...Thats all I can muster up to say.....

  Rockstar Template

March 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM

You have a great blog Dude ! and regarding this post i liked the ending of this post !!Thw way u express is nice !!



My Blog
Mohans World

  SambY

March 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Dude... just thank god that u got a chance to meet him before he passed away...n may his soul rest in peace.....

Take care bro

  Kenneth

March 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Hey Arjum....

A Humble Suggestion....

I'm guessin u wanted to build up the story so that the reader gets "knocked down" by the ending...But it wud have probably had a lil more effect if u wud have explained the endin or extended it by another 2-3 lines...if things r left this way, it cud come off as crude to some ppl

PS - May God rest ur friend's soul in peace...

  Matangi Mawley

March 15, 2008 at 6:22 PM

goodness! tht was so sudden.. didnt expect the end! m so sorry 4 u'r loss!

  Akshay kashid

March 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM

solid template ..it dam good and suit to ur matters..keep it up

  Comfortably Numb

March 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM

yea man....strange co-incidence...eh??? All of us call it fate!
God bless! Cheers!

  sourav

March 22, 2008 at 12:59 PM

shit,he died :(.

i dont havbe words to describe this post,its just your imaginations and thoughts which creates magic.

  Setu

March 24, 2008 at 8:33 PM

that is sad man. i guess u cant help some aspects of life.

  Tina

March 28, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Ok i didnt xpect that at all..as i was reading this post ..the one thing that was runnin in my mind was that I love ur blog and the posts...and toward the end wen i read the last line...I was moved to tears...m soorry mate..i ges it is fate after all...

RIP Sachin

And God Bless U Ari

Tee

  Lena

April 1, 2008 at 12:22 PM

is this real or fiction?
The end is really unexpected and shocking but in a weird way makes the narration complete. Though if it is a true life story it makes really sad. I dont like sad stories :(

  RINZU RAJAN

June 29, 2008 at 2:37 PM

ohh...that was sad... may his soul rest in peace...

it's all fate...and many people have had similar experiences like u...